One of the biggest perks of living at Holly Hall is having access to all the amenities and services of which residents and families can enjoy and take advantage.
Designed to allow residents to embrace a relaxed lifestyle and families to have a peace of mind, the services and on-site amenities we offer provide a well-rounded community experience.
- Well-designed one- and two-bedroom apartments with nine-foot ceilings and abundant customizable closet space
- Individual cooling and heating units
- Full kitchens equipped with appliances (in some apartments)
- Oversized bathrooms featuring walk-in showers, detailed amenities and individual water heaters (in some apartments)
- Emergency response system throughout campus
- Private en-suite bathrooms
Community & On-Site Services
- A calendar full of daily activities, scheduled outings, and exercise programs to maintain a healthy body, mind and spirit
- Scheduled transportation available for doctor appointments, shopping and event outings
- 24-hour, on-call maintenance service for emergencies
- Optional on-site services, including dental, podiatry, hearing-aid service and stretch therapy
- Wellness checks performed daily to help ensure resident safety
- An on-site team consisting of health professionals, food service, consulting dietitian, and a social worker
- Weekly housekeeping services with laundry and linen services
- On-site geriatric physician visits
- Cable TV service
- Wi-Fi network throughout campus
- Medication management and reminder services available
- Customized personal wellness program by on-staff Wellness Coach
Spiritual Care Services
- Established on Christian values and principles
- Sunday-afternoon worship services offered by a wide variety of denominations in our historical Holly Hall Chapel
- An open and welcoming atmosphere for all faiths and denominations
- On-staff chaplain available for support
Personal Concierge Services
In order to make life easier and safer for residents, we provide guided assistance to address their needs.
- Executive chef–managed dining program focused on fresh, made-from-scratch foods
- Flexible, restaurant-style dining with take-out dining available
- Elegant, private dining room available, with large windows overlooking spectacular gardens
- Activities and wellness rooms
- Craft room
- Card and game rooms
- Fully stocked library with collections curated by in-house librarians
- Indoor and outdoor gardening areas for residents
- Salons offering full hair and nail services for all residents
- Full continuum of services, including assisted living, skilled rehabilitation and long-term nursing care
- Furnished guest rooms
- Therapy rehab gym
- Holly Shoppe, an on-site convenience store
- Expansive, 20-acre gardens with walking paths and outdoor rooms
- Gated entrance with 24-hour security and surveillance cameras
- Digital resident-engagement, self-service and communication platform in apartments and common spaces
- Holly Hall is pet-friendly with lots of outdoor space for walks
- Generators that provide electrical reliability and proven safety procedures for hurricane season and beyond
- Stand-alone and custom-construction cottages available
- A historic Chapel that offers religious services and memorials
- Reserved, covered parking available
Stay Active and Engaged with Social Activities
At Holly Hall, we offer lots to do—both on and off campus. Our outings include trips to theaters, museums, symphonies and the Houston Zoo. We also head out to the countryside to experience Texas wildflowers in the spring, lunch out at popular restaurants and go on other special adventures based on resident suggestions.
That said, there’s so much to do right here on the Holly Hall campus, including our wildly popular bingo games, birthday parties, live musical and theatrical performances, pet-therapy visits, brain-game training, Bible study and devotional groups, Catholic and Episcopal communion, hymnal sing-alongs and much more. Check out our calendar for more information on events and fundraisers for residents and families to attend!
Enjoy an Elevated Dining Experience
When you have a professional, world-class professional chef at the helm, it’s easy to attract and retain excellent culinary talent. At Holly Hall, our own Executive Chef and his tenured team work full time to elevate dining to new levels.
We are committed to offering a wide variety of delicious (and healthy) fresh fruits and vegetables. Our full-time pastry chef bakes from-scratch breads, scones and pastries. See a sampling of our menus. Everything at Holly Hall is homemade, right down to the broth used to create our soups and our chef hosts frequent featured dinners with special menus.
Instead of going out to eat at local Houston restaurants, many residents invite their friends and family to dine with them right at home—especially during our fabulous holidays and special events.
Whenever you feel like having a quiet meal at home, we’re happy to bring meals to you from our take-out menu. Plus, we offer a private dining room for family meals and special occasions.
Once a month our chef and his culinary team put together a fabulous brunch buffet complete with mimosas, seafood, carving stations, omelets and all of your favorite brunch dishes. Reservations are required and can be made at (713) 799-9031 ext. 245.
A Culinary Journey
Once a month, a different country or region is selected for a “culinary journey.” Our dining team creates culinary tours with special menus featuring flavors and key ingredients from all over the world. Whenever they like, residents are free to bring a bottle of wine to enjoy at dinner.
Striving for excellence, our chef and his dining staff listen carefully to resident feedback and personal preferences to add greater variety to an already substantial array of dishes. We respect our residents and their culinary opinions.
The Dunbar Chambers Memorial Chapel
The Dunbar Chambers Memorial Chapel is a one-of-a-kind church that offers services every Sunday afternoon, supported by visiting ministers from all denominations, including Catholic and Episcopal communion.